Rating5/5 (from 4 ratings)5
Yieldmakes 2 servings
1 cup raw cashews, sunflower seeds or almonds
1/2 large red bell pepper
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon tahini
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons onion powder (or a small slice of onion or 1 tablespoon green onion)
1 butternut squash, spiralized and cut into 1 to 2 inch lengths
a little drizzle of olive oil, optional
freshly ground black pepper
1. Spiralize your squash so that it resembles those 1-2 inch small diameter pasta tubes. You could also grate it, if making it by hand.
2. Drizzle a little olive oil on it and toss.
3. Make the cheddar sauce, I make it slightly thicker, either by using less water, more yeast or a combination.
4. Drench the squash in the cheddar sauce, use as much of the batch as necessary, you may or may not use it all.
4. Mix. Add freshly ground pepper to taste.
Daniefon's ThoughtsBy daniefon
It’s kind of funny, I wasn’t a junk food eater before I went raw, but seem to like these raw imitations!
This one has that nice sticky mac and cheese feel, however, the squash gives it a little crunch. I guess you could wilt it a bit in the dehydrator to get a softer texture.
This is pretty rich, so I eat it as a side dish.
The cheeze sauce is not my recipe, it is from this site, it’s great!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Crazy health devices?pjotrl - 5 hours 30 min ago
4th day as a Vegan:)ClaireT - 1 day 4 hours ago
My coconut has been refrigerated for 2 days from clear to purple?ClaireT - 1 day 4 hours ago
Please boycott bee pollen!matthewr - 1 day 9 hours ago
Sensitive teeth since bring rawsandnesspeak - 1 day 14 hours ago