Rating5/5 (from 4 ratings)5
1 cup raw cashews, sunflower seeds, or almonds
1/2 large red bell pepper
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon tahini
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons onion powder (or a small slice of onion or 1 tablespoon green onion)
1 butternut squash (spiralized and cut into 1 to 2 inch lengths)
Little drizzle of olive oil (optional)
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Spiralize your squash so that it resembles those 1-2 inch small diameter pasta tubes. You could also grate it, if making it by hand.
2. Drizzle a little olive oil on it and toss.
3. Make the cheddar sauce. I make it slightly thicker, either by using less water, more yeast, or a combination.
4. Drench the squash in the cheddar sauce. Use as much of the batch as necessary. You may or may not use it all.
4. Mix. Add freshly ground pepper to taste.
Daniefon's ThoughtsBy daniefon
It’s kind of funny. I wasn’t a junk food eater before I went raw, but seem to like these raw imitations!
This one has that nice sticky mac and cheese feel; however, the squash gives it a little crunch. I guess you could wilt it a bit in the dehydrator to get a softer texture.
This is pretty rich, so I eat it as a side dish.
The cheeze sauce is not my recipe. It is from this site, and it’s great!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Sensitive teeth since bring rawClaireT - 1 day 10 hours ago
Dreadlocksstreem26 - 1 day 17 hours ago
Diet and Exercising for Weight Loss!!!streem26 - 1 day 18 hours ago
Pueraria mirifica - Fountain of Youthlofms - 2 days 19 hours ago
Edamame education neededlaurad - 4 days 14 hours ago