Raw chocolate ice cream recipe
Shelf LifeEat immediately
Rating4.8/5 (from 4 ratings)4.75
- 1. Freeze bananas for at least 8 hours. (Peel and chop into quarters. Freeze in tupperware or ziploc bag.)
- 2. Place frozen banana chunks and cacao powder (and optional sweetener) in food processor.
- 3. Process in food processor for approximately 3 minutes. You may occasionally need to stop the processor and scrape the banana mixture off the sides to ensure proper processing. As you process, the mixture will become creamier and fluffier. You'll know the mixture is ready once it resembles soft-serve ice cream.
- 4. Consume immediately. (Do not refreeze.)
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
This is just divine. Try it. You’ll be shocked at how good frozen bananas and cacao can taste!
Only make as much as you can eat right away.
This recipe makes enough for one larger serving for one person. Feel free to double the recipe as necessary.
This recipe will turn out the best if the bananas that you freeze are perfectly ripe. A perfectly ripe banana is still firm, not green, and has a few brown spots just starting to appear on the peel.
If the bananas that you freeze are too brown and over-ripe, your ice cream will have a strange, acidic, overtly banana taste. So you really do want to use perfectly ripe bananas for the best results.
Although I do tend to like sweet desserts, I don't personally add any additional sweetener to this recipe, but I have included the option in case you want a particularly sweet recipe or are wanting to serve to skeptics :)
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Fat, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is a good source of Vitamin B6.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, and Riboflavin.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes