3 large yellow onions
1 cup ground flax seeds
1 cup raw sunflower seeds (ground)
½ cup Braggs Liquid Aminos or nama shoyu
¼ cup olive oil
1. Peel and halve the onions. Slice in a food processor (with slicing disc).
2. Place onions in large bowl and mix with the rest of ingredients until thoroughly combined.
3. Spread mix over a Teflex sheet and repeat until all of mixture is used (I usually end up using 2 sheets).
4. Dehydrate at 100° Fahrenheit for 24 hours. Flip and return to dehydrator for 12 hours.
5. Cut into 9 equal pieces (2 cuts horizontally, 2 cuts vertically).
Kandace's ThoughtsBy kandace
This is an easy, flavorful bread than can be used to make sandwiches, to dip, or to eat alone. This is an easy recipe for variations!
Pictured with hummus and tomatoes and a side of spinach Caesar salad.
Based on a recipe by Matt Amsden in RAWVolution.
I’ve made a few changes: the paste to onion ratio has been boosted for a thicker consistency, and the nama shoyu percentage is decreased for taste.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Swelling After Birth: How to Get Rid of Swollen Feet After Pregnancy?polina22p - 19 min 53 sec ago
Lunchbox ideas?ClaireT - 9 hours 28 min ago
I like to use it exclusively in smoothiesClaireT - 9 hours 30 min ago
Burdock root!The Rawtarian - 17 hours 40 min ago
How can I prevent neighbor's cat from killing birds in our yard?More2095 - 2 days 19 hours ago