Raw oatmeal recipe
Prep Time7 min
Total Time7 min
Shelf LifeEat immediately
Rating4/5 (from 2 ratings)4
- 1. OPTIONAL TO SOFTEN: The night before, throw the water, raisins and then the steel cut oats into your blender. Let them sit overnight.
- 2. In the morning, start your blender (and if you didn't soak the night before, throw the water, raisins and then the steel cut oats into your blender). While the water and oats are blending, chop the apple and then add it to the blender, too.
- 3. Continue blending until the oatmeal is a nice, smooth texture.
- 4. Eat! I love to top this oatmeal with more whole raisins and a sprinkle of cinnamon. This recipe for raw oatmeal makes for a very filling breakfast.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
In the morning, my raw food breakfast is almost always either fresh fruit, a green smoothie, or--my favourite--raw oatmeal.
This recipe does take a bit of preparation because it should be soaked overnight, but, with only a few ingredients, it's so easy! (PS: You can do it without soaking but it won't be as smooth)
If you click on this photo you can see the high-resolution version, which shows you how smooth and creamy this oatmeal is.
All this without "cooking" anything.
Of course, like any good oatmeal, top this recipe with fruit or whatever suits your fancy!
PS: It has recently come to my attention that the rawness of steel cut oats and even oat groats in this recipe is disputed! Check out this discussion on the raw nature of oats.
- This recipe is very low in Calories, and Fat.
- This recipe is low in Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Dietary Fiber, and Iron.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes