Raw pumpkin pie recipe
Rating5/5 (from 11 ratings)5
Prep Time10 min
Total Time1 hour 10 min
Suggested Servings12 servings
Yield12 small, rich slices
Shelf Life1 week in freezer
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts (or walnuts or pecans)
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/4 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
Pumpkin pie filling:
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup chopped pumpkin
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- First, make the crust in your food processor:
- 1. Place crust nuts in food processor. Process until crumbly. Add dates, coconut and salt. Process again until well-processed but still airy. Pinch between fingers. Sticks together? Ready.
- 2. Dump pie crust mixture into pie plate. Press crust down firmly into pie plate. Form into crust. Press down firmly. Crust is now ready. (Set aside.)
- Next, make raw pumpkin pie filling:
- 3. Throw all pumpkin pie filling ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend from low to high until very, very silky smooth! (Try not to add any additional water other than what is called for. If it isn't blending properly, stop blender. Remove lid. Insert knife down side of blender - create air pocket. Remove knife, put lid back on, continue blending.)
- 4. Pour pumpkin pie filling into pie dish on top of crust. Smooth out top of pie with a knife or back of spoon. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap.
- 5. Place completed pie in freezer. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- 6. Keep in freezer at all times. If serving, slice immediately as needed and eat frozen. Tastes like real pumpkin pie - raw style!
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
Raw pumpkin pie recipes are not something that are in my everyday recipe rotation. However, around Halloween or at Thanksgiving or Christmas it's nice to have a raw pumpkin pie recipe you can turn to for special occasions.
This raw pumpkin pie recipe is nice because it can be made the day before and kept in the freezer until ready to be eaten. It should be served frozen. I like to freeze my entire raw pumpkin pie in the freezer, and then slice about 1 minute before serving. It doesn't really taste frozen - it just tastes like cold pie. Don't defrost this raw pumpkin pie recipe because it will turn into a goopy mess!
For best pumpkin flavour, use the smaller pie pumpkins for eating (as compared to the huge pumpkins that you can buy to carve into jack-o-lanterns). Use the meaty inside part - discard the skin and seeds.
You must use the coconut oil. Do not substitute another oil. Coconut oil hardens when cooled - that's why it's so important in this raw pumpkin pie!
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Calories.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, Dietary Fiber, Iron, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin A.
Printable Recipe (PDF)
Related To This Recipe
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes