Raw zucchini bread recipe
Posted in: Dehydrated Raw Sweets
3 cups grated zucchini
2 cups walnuts
1 1/2 cups dates
1/2 cup raisins
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
1/2 cup psyllium husk
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Grate zucchini either by hand or in a food processor with a grating attachment. (Peeling is optional depending on how tough the peel is.) Place into a huge bowl and set aside.
2. Process walnuts in an empty food processor. Process into a fine meal.
3. Add dates, cinnamon and vanilla to nuts in food processor and process again until well mixed.
4. Remove mixture from food processor and add it to the big bowl that contains the zucchini. Combine with spoon or hands. (Mixture will appear dry but will moisture as you mix. Do not add any liquids.)
5. Stir in by hand raisins, coconut and psyllium husk.
6. Form into 10-11 loaves (see picture). Place on parchment paper.
7. Dehydrate on high for one hour. Reduce to 110 degrees for another five hours or until desired consistency is reached.
8. Store in refrigerator.
The Rawtarian's Thoughts
Growing up, I was raised on zucchini bread, so when my weekly CSA farm delivery came laden with zucchini I just knew I had to make a simple, satisfying raw zucchini recipe.
Much like my other breads, the addition of psyllium husk is what gives this bread its nice, moist consisency. There is no substitution for psyllium husk :)
I recently ran out of walnuts and used almonds instead of walnuts and this recipe turned out fine, so that substitution is doable. In fact, 2 cups of any nuts would work fine in this recipe as long as you process the nuts into some semblance of "flour". This zucchini bread is very forgiving on the nut front :)
This recipe isn't too sweet. It's subtle. It's perfect for breakfast on the go! A slice of this raw zucchini bread recipe, a crisp apple and a nice tall glass of cashew milk would be a lovely breakfast!
Your raw recipe package has been sent to your email
Be sure to check your spam or bulk mail folders if you can't find your package. Enjoy your raw adventure!