Raw apple bread recipe
Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
Yield8 small loaves
- 1. Shred chopped and cored apples in a food processor with a grating attachment (or by hand). (Do not bother peeling the apples.) Place shredded apples into a huge bowl and set aside.
- 2. Process almonds in an empty food processor. Process into a fine meal.
- 3. Add dates, cinnamon and salt to nuts in food processor and process again until well mixed.
- 4. Remove mixture from food processor and add it to the big bowl that contains the shredded apples. Combine with spoon or hands. (Mixture will appear dry but will get moist as you mix. Do not add any extra liquids.)
- 5. Stir psyllium husk in by hand until well-combined.
- 6. Form into 8-10 small loaves. Place on parchment paper.
- 7. Dehydrate on high for one hour. Reduce to 110 degrees for another five hours or until desired consistency is reached.
- 8. Store in refrigerator.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
This recipe isn't too sweet. It's subtle. It's perfect for breakfast on the go! A slice of this bread recipe, a crisp apple and a nice tall glass of cashew milk would be a lovely breakfast!
If you want to serve it dessert style, try icing it with a white icing. Iced slices should be stored in the fridge at all times, otherwise the icing will soften too much.
If you don't have almonds, you can use walnuts or pecans instead.
Don't eat too much of this stuff at once, since this recipe uses psyllium husk.
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Fat, Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is a good source of Vitamin E.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, Dietary Fiber, and Riboflavin.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes