YieldSteaks - 2, cauliflower mashed potatoes - 4
4 portabello mushrooms (stems removed)
1/3 red onion
2/3 cauliflower head
1 cup cashews, soaked
1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Water, as needed
Garlic, to taste<
Rosemary, to taste
1. Slice mushrooms into four or five.
2. Slice onion thinly, separate rings.
3. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, until mushrooms are well coated.
4. Spread on Teflex/Paraflex sheet on dehydrator tray.
5. Dehydrate at 118 Fahrenheit for 2 hours. If you have more time, I would marinate and/or dehydrate the mushroom/onion mix for longer...Like marinate for an hour and dehydrate for 3 hours to really soften. If, like me, you don't have that kind of time, just make sure your mushroom slices from the middle thick part of the mushroom aren't too thick, to allow the marinade to really get in there.
6. Wash the cauliflower well and chop. I didn't really chop mine, and it would've been way easier if I had. Put in food processor with other ingredients, except water. Process, adding a little bit of water at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Cupcakes revenge's ThoughtsBy cupcakes revenge
Creamy, fluffy mashed "potatoes" and tender, juicy portabello steaks.
We were never a meat and potato family when I was growing up, but maybe that's because it never tasted this good!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.