Rating4.5/5 (from 2 ratings)4.5
1/2 cup flax seeds
2 tablespoons kamut flour
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
3/4 ripe avocado
2 pinches of salt
1 cup cashews (soaked 8 hrs)
1 cup pine nuts (soaked 2 hrs)
1 cup almonds (soaked 10 hrs)
1 tablespoon rejuvelac
2 pinches sea salt
1 cup baby spinach
Dash of nutmeg
1/2 clove of garlic
Dash of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup of the ricotta cheese (recipe above)
1. Blend dough ingredients in a high-speed blender or run through juicer. Add enough of the celery juice to create a smooth pancake consistency.
2. Spread the batter on Teflex sheets as close to a circular shape as possible. Dehydrate it for 2 hours. at 100 degrees, flip them over and dehydrate for 2 more hours until soft and pliable. Remove them from the sheets until they get too crispy, set aside, and cover them with a damp terry cloth towel from getting crispy.
3. For the filling, make the cheese using 1 cup truly raw cashews (soaked for 8 hours), 1 cup pine nuts (soaked for 2 hours), 1 cup almonds (soaked 10 hours), 1 tablespoon rejuvelac, and 2 pinches of Celtic sea salt.
4. Process the nuts and salt in a food processor or blender till smooth but still has some texture. Transfer mixture into a nonmetal bowl and add the rejuvelac, cover with a light towel and leave it out at room temp. for 10 hrs. Store in the fridge till ready to use.
5. To make the spinach, mix in the food processor till nice and thick, leave whole pieces of spinach for texture and color.
6. Take a Teflex sheet, put one of the dehydrated doughs on it, take a spatula and spoon some of the filling on one half of the dough, (don’t put too much, if the cheese is too wet it may break the dough, put a lettuce leaf under it, or drain the cheese).
7. Here you can add whatever toppings you like, maybe some drained olives, marinated mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, some greens, etc…. Next, brush the edges with some olive oil and fold over the other half of the dough, use your fingers or a fork to crimp the dough together. Put the Teflex with the calzone on it in the dehydrator and dehydrate for 1-2 hrs. or until warm and a little crisp on the sides. Serve warm right out of the dehydrator on a bed of greens, and garnish the plate with minced green onion.
8. You can make all sorts of fillings, like add some tomato sauce in with the ricotta cheese or some olives, the possibilities are endless.. but make sure it’s a dry filling or put a leaf under it. The wraps are also good for burritos or enchiladas.
Writeeternity's ThoughtsBy writeeternity
An amazing recipe I found on the the From SAD to Raw website.
I haven’t tried it yet but it looks great.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
On and off RawCreativelycc - 2 hours 59 min ago
Can I use fresh shredded coconut instead of the dry one?Creativelycc - 3 hours 14 min ago
Is it possible to be raw on a college budget???veggie - 3 days 13 hours ago
Nut allergyveggie - 3 days 14 hours ago
Parasite Cleansealexbro - 4 days 26 min ago