Head of red or green curly kale
1 red or green apple (1/2 diced and half for blending)
4 strawberries (sliced medium)
Juice from 1/2 lime (optional)
1 tablespoon agave (optional)
1. Blend raspberries, half the apple, agave, and lime juice until smooth.
2. Wash and pat dry the kale. Tear into large bite-sized pieces.
3. Dump half the dressing in a large Ziploc bag, dump in the kale, and then the rest of the dressing, strawberry slices and the chopped apple. Toss to coat very well.
4. Let marinate/macerate a few hours or overnight for full flavor infusion and softening of the kale. You could add a little coconut oil as well, but it will cloud up the bag in the fridge.
5. Lay out on screen sheets in the dehydrator and dry overnight.
6. Check in the morning that the kale is evenly dry and the fruit is nicely dry. Turn over large pieces that may be damp and continue to dry until ready.
I eat tons of savory kale chips, and thought that it would be fun to try one with dried fruit and kale.
Here it is! Delish.
My baby loves her "yummies" and I have to break them up for her.
Savory recipe coming soon, when I can stop eating them long enough to take a photo.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2017 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!