Raw onion bread recipe
Posted in: Dehydrated Raw Crackers, Wraps and Breads
1. Place the sunflower seeds in your food processor and process into a fine meal. Take out of food processor and set aside. (You do not need to wash your food processor yet.)
2. Peel onions, place in empty food processor and process in your food processor until small but not mushy. (Do not use a high-speed blender.)
3. Place onions in a large mixing bowl. Add everything else, including the ground sunflower seeds. Mix with a spoon. If it's dry and won't mix, you can add a small splash of water (ex. 1 tbsp), but I doubt you'll need to add any water at all.
4. Spread onto dehydrator trays. Use parchment paper (not wax paper because it'll melt and stick!!!) or teflex sheets as a base. This raw onion bread recipe makes three Excalibur trays.
5. Dehydrate for 1 hour at 120 degrees, then reduce to 105 degrees and dry for another 6 hours. Once the bread starts drying out and holding together, score them with a knife into the size that you'd like.
6. At some point you'll want to flip them over, remove the parchment paper and finish dehydrating them, maybe for another 4 hours or so. I like them to be a bit chewy. Just try nibbling on this raw onion bread recipe and see whether you want it crispier. Dehydrating times can vary greatly, so trust YOUR judgment.
7. Enjoy this raw onion bread recipe!
The Rawtarian's Thoughts
Raw onion bread recipe - Here ya go friends!
I first tasted raw onion bread at a tiny raw food restaurant. I immediately went home and started searching online for a raw onion bread recipe that tasted just as good!
Well, nothing compares with having raw onion bread made by someone else and served to you with a smile, but...second best is making this raw onion bread recipe for yourself at home!
I had never made raw crackers or raw bread that included olive oil, but the addition of olive oil makes this raw onion bread recipe so easy to spread! This recipe makes enough for three sheets of onion bread.
I like to dehydrate this raw onion bread recipe until it's basically dry but still pliable/bendable.
Raw onion bread recipe inspired by Pansy on the Raw Freedom Community
Your raw recipe package has been sent to your email
Be sure to check your spam or bulk mail folders if you can't find your package. Enjoy your raw adventure!