Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldMakes 20 2"x2" pieces
1 cup almonds, soaked 12 hours
½ cup rejuvelac
1 cup buckwheat groats, sprouted
½ teaspoon sea salt
¾ teaspoon ground vanilla bean or vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon fresh ground cloves, (grind in coffee grinder)
1 dash fresh grated nutmeg
zest of one organic orange
Prerequisites: Rejuvelac, Soaked and sprouted almonds, Soaked and sprouted buckwheat
1. Process almonds and buckwheat with rejuvelac until smooth.
2. Mix in nutmeg, cloves, salt, vanilla.
3. Spoon onto teflex sheet, flatten into a 8”x10” rectangle with a spatula and score (4 lines one way, 5 lines the other or however you like) with a butter knife.
4. Sprinkle orange zest evenly over of ready-to-dehydrate bread.
5. Dehydrate for about 20 hours or until desired consistency is attained.
Za's ThoughtsBy Za
On my quest to develop the perfect cracker upon which to spread raw almond butter, I figured, why not just use almonds?
To optimize digestion, I try to avoid using more than one source of fat at a time in a recipe, or combining fats with sweets.
So this is my attempt to enjoy almonds without any added sweetners. It has a warm autumnal taste without being heavy.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Detox Rash?????Harmony1 - 23 hours 2 min ago
Can broccoli be eaten raw?ClaireT - 1 day 22 hours ago
Coconut Goddess' raw vegan diet plan for fat loss and healthClaireT - 1 day 22 hours ago
Do chia seeds need soaking?TammiTrue - 6 days 23 hours ago
Activated Living Hemp FoodsTammiTrue - 6 days 23 hours ago