Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldMakes 20 2 inch by 2 inch pieces
1 cup almonds (soaked 12 hours)
½ cup rejuvelac
1 cup buckwheat groats (sprouted)
½ teaspoon sea salt
¾ teaspoon ground vanilla bean or extract
¼ teaspoon fresh ground cloves (ground)
1 dash nutmeg
zest of 1 orange
1. Prerequisites: Rejuvelac, Soaked and sprouted almonds, Soaked and sprouted buckwheat. Process almonds and buckwheat with rejuvelac until smooth.
2. Mix in nutmeg, cloves, salt, and vanilla.
3. Spoon onto Teflex sheet, flatten into a 8 inch x10 inch rectangle with a spatula and score (4 lines one way, 5 lines the other or however you like) with a butter knife.
4. Sprinkle orange zest evenly over of ready-to-dehydrate bread.
5. Dehydrate for about 20 hours or until desired consistency is attained.
Za's ThoughtsBy Za
On my quest to develop the perfect cracker upon which to spread raw almond butter, I figured, why not just use almonds?
To optimize digestion, I try to avoid using more than one source of fat at a time in a recipe, or combining fats with sweets.
So this is my attempt to enjoy almonds without any added sweeteners. It has a warm autumnal taste without being heavy.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Has anyone ever woke up with a rancid taste in their mouth and had it last all day?Matt_Raw - 1 hour 4 min ago
Very Dry, Straw-like Hair :(pauliasmith6745 - 1 day 10 hours ago
Family food and raw foodcelinew - 1 day 12 hours ago
Really Dry Skinpauliasmith6745 - 1 day 16 hours ago
so lonely in Green Bay, WIsabrinag - 1 day 22 hours ago