½ cup almonds (chopped coarsely)
4 Medjool dates (chopped)
½ cup berries of choice
1. Chop almonds in desired fashion. I used a cutting board and a big knife. The nuts don’t have to be finely chopped, just coarse. And the dates you really don’t have to worry about because they’re soft enough to get nice and mushy. Just give them a few chops so they are in smallish pieces.
2. With your hands, mix the dates and nuts really well until all the nuts are incorporated into the dates like a dough.
3. Split the “dough” into two if making two tortes.
4. Then on the cutting board, flatten with your hands into a round thin patty.
5. Using the knife, you can slide it under and lift up the dough. Flip and repeat flattening until it’s about 1/4 inch.
6. Unstick it from the cutting board again and start molding the edges up, so they make a wall to hold in your berries.
7. Pop the crusts in the freezer for a good 1/2 hour or so to firm them up.
8. When they’re ready, add your berries in whatever pretty design you wish and drizzle some agave nectar on top.
This is the easiest and prettiest raw dessert I’ve made so far and I love it!
This would be a fun one for kids to make and eat!
I sprinkled some crushed walnuts and added a mint leaf, but the possibilities are endless! Enjoy!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!