For the salad:
250g/9oz broccoli (use the florets only, not the stalk – this would be 2-4 heads, depending on size)
250g/9oz carrot (c. 4 medium carrots)
500g/1lb 4oz apple (c. 4 apples – try to use a deep red variety like stark)
70g/2½oz/½ cup raisins
For the sauce:
40ml olive oil
Approximately 150ml water
50ml lemon juice (about 1 big lemon)
1½ tsp ground coriander
¾ tsp cumin
1/3 teaspoon chilli pepper
1. Remove the main pieces of stem from the broccoli, and then chop any remaining large pieces of stem off the florets. Separate the florets, if necessary, with the knife so that you end up with small 1-2cm pieces of broccoli. Put the florets into a large mixing bowl.
2. Grate the carrot and add to the mixing bowl.
3. Make the sauce by putting all of the sauce ingredients apart from the water into a mini processor. Add about half the water and process. Then gradually add more water until you have a sauce that is gloopy and thick – the amount of water needed with depend on the consistency of your tahini. Put to one side.
4. Core the apples and then dice them into small pieces before adding them to the mixing bowl along with the raisins.
5. Pour the sauce over the top of all the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
This is an inspired way to use tahini.
You get it's creamy deliciousness, the warmth of the spices, the crunch of the apple and broccoli…then the sweetness of the raisins top it all off!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2017 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!