Rating4/5 (from 4 ratings)4
1 mango (peeled, chopped)
1 cup pineapple meat
2 bananas (peeled)
10 key limes (juiced)
¾ cup coconut butter
5 cups freshly shredded coconut (ideally)
15 Bahri dates
1 teaspoon ground vanilla bean or vanilla extract
4 tablespoons raw coconut oil (Matyah's brand is best)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Process together 8 dates (fewer if you’re using Medjool), vanilla, coconut oil, salt, and shredded coconut. (Put brown coconut meats through the juicer to get fresh shredded coconut in the “fiber” pile, fresh coconut butter clogging the centrifuge, and coconut milk coming out the juice spout!)
2. Press onto a flat plate or a flat pie tin with removable sides.
3. Roll the extra “dough” into little balls and refrigerate (great treats!).
4. Process together 7 dates (fewer if you’re using Medjool), mango, bananas, coconut butter, and lime juice (lime squeezers are handy for juicing tiny key limes!)
5. Pour over crust.
6. Top with shredded coconut and tiny pieces of vanilla bean. Freeze.
7. An hour before serving, move to refrigerator.
Za's ThoughtsBy Za
I made this in conjunction with the Thai-style Coconut Soup I just posted, to bring to this month’s DC potluck themed ”coconuts.”
I had all this fresh shredded coconut left over, as well as 1 1/2 cups of (accidentally) homemade coconut butter, so I decided to put it to use in a pie made of only tropical ingredients.
My father thinks the tropics will be frozen over in a matter of decades, so this pie is dedicated to him.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
SuperfoodsBonnie223 - 9 hours 32 min ago
Your favorite Raw ice cream recipe?davidw - 1 day 12 hours ago
Can broccoli be eaten raw?bananaboy - 2 days 1 hour ago
16 month old teeth dissolving/crumbling off --- HELPdianas - 2 days 2 hours ago
Apple Cider Vinegar enemas?KoloToo - 2 days 2 hours ago