Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
Yield6 giant cookies
2 cups buckwheaties (dehydrated buckwheat sprouts - you can make your ownor buy them)
1 large banana
1/2 cup raisins
2 inches fresh ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1½ teaspoons dried ginger
1. Measure out half of the buckwheaties (150g/5¼oz) and place them into a mixing bowl.
2. Using a processor, grind the other half of the buckwheaties to fine flour. Add them to the mixing bowl.
3. Add the dried ginger and cinnamon to the buckwheaties, along with the raisins (making sure they are separated). Mix these dry ingredients well.
4. Break the banana into pieces and process it until it is liquid.
5. Peel and chop the ginger then core and dice the apple. Add both to the banana liquid in the processor. Process until smooth and well-combined.
6. Combine the liquid with the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl until you have a thick, sticky cookie like dough.
7. Using a dessert spoon scoop up about a 1/6th of the mixture. Form this into a ball-shape, using the sides of the bowl to help.
8. Place the ball of dough onto the paraflex sheet of your dehydrator and, using the back of the spoon, gently pat it down to form a round cookie shape that is about 1 cm deep and 11cm across.
9. Repeat until all the mixture is used, then dust the cookies lightly with cinnamon.
10. Dehydrate at 41C/105F for 12 hours. Then turn them – removing the paraflex. Dehydrate for further 6 hours.
Pathlesstrodden's ThoughtsBy pathlesstrodden
I came up with these cookies as I fancied something zingy and crunchy – they are the raw equivalent of ginger snaps!
They’re extra special because of the natural ingredients in them – no sweetener, no dates – it’s the apple and raisin that gives them their yummy sweetness…AND they are completely without fat!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What is a subsitution for nutritional yeast ?foods - 1 hour 15 min from now
Has anyone read You're raw, they're cooked by Nomi Shannon?ClaireT - 22 min 58 sec from now
parchment paper and dehydrating timeFee - 4 hours 40 min ago
Daylight Diet and two meals a dayforeverafs - 19 hours 3 min ago
Will hyperthyroidism cause tooth decay?joycey - 1 day 19 hours ago