Yieldmakes 15 slices
2 cup beet, carrot, apple, veg pulp
¼ cup ground sunflower seeds
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
½ teaspoon flax oil
1 tablespoon mexican seasoning, (i used pre-mix of lemon peel, fennel, oregano, cumin, cayenne, peppercorn, jalepeno)
5 leaves of basil, torn to bits
8 cherry tomatoes
1. mix veg pulp, ground sunflower, flax oil. i used a wooden spoon, but if you have FP, feel free.
2. season with salt and pepper. mix in.
3. spread it on your teflex sheet for dehydrator. Or for the not so equipped like me, an oven pan coated with aluminium foil…look at picture for clearer description.
4. fun part! season with seasonings ( chose whatever you like, its versatile!) for me, the more the better. i just chucked here and there until it looked pretty.
5. take your torn basil and stuff it here and there. bring out the artist!
6. half the cherry toms and squirt the seeds randomly around the bread, then stuff the skins here and there.
7. i put it in the oven for 16 hours or so on 50-60 degrees. keep touching it and the pan and the railings and everything in the oven to make sure nothing is too painfully hot.
8. i’m sure dehydrators are more efficient…yeah…should get one. its calling “come buy me….”..AHHH! anyways, enjoy!
Ilikenuts's ThoughtsBy ilikenuts
One smell seems to send me straight to the mediterranean, one bite and i feel like a sunshine garden burst in my mouth! i could’nt stop nibbling on these things, putting it everywhere from salads, soups to just wrapping it around a cucumber stick.
the texture takes getting used to but let it sit in your container for a while (like overnight) after dehydration, gradually it will soften and taste like wholegrain bread sliced thin. I used an oven on the lowest temperature…basically a light, with the door ajar.
it is especially nice dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar…yummy! soaks up real quick! and so full of fibre, sweeping your insides clean in hyper speed.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Natural Hair Colorstreem26 - 3 hours 8 min ago
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 4 days 16 hours ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 1 week 9 hours ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 1 week 19 hours ago
Could you list here the best masticating juicer?marinay4510 - 1 week 19 hours ago