YieldMakes 15 slices
2 cups beet, carrot, apple, veg pulp
¼ cup sunflower seeds (ground)
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
½ teaspoon flax oil
1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning
5 leaves of basil (torn to bits)
8 cherry tomatoes
1. Mix veg pulp, ground sunflower, flax oil. I used a wooden spoon.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Mix in.
3. Spread it on your Teflex sheet for dehydrator. Or for the not so equipped like me, an oven pan coated with aluminium foil…look at the picture for clearer description.
4. Fun part! Season with seasonings (chose whatever you like, its versatile!) for me, the more the better. I just chucked here and there until it looked pretty.
5. Take your torn basil and stuff it here and there. bring out the artist!
6. Half the cherry toms and squirt the seeds randomly around the bread, then stuff the skins here and there.
7. I put it in the oven for 16 hours or so on 50-60 degrees. eep touching it and the pan and the railings and everything in the oven to make sure nothing is too painfully hot. I’m sure dehydrators are more efficient.
The texture takes getting used to but let it sit in your container for a while (like overnight) after dehydration, gradually it will soften and taste like wholegrain bread sliced thin. I used an oven on the lowest temperature…basically a light, with the door ajar.
It is especially nice dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar…yummy! soaks up real quick! and so full of fiber, sweeping your insides clean in hyper speed.
Ilikenuts's ThoughtsBy ilikenuts
One smell seems to send me straight to the Mediterranean, one bite and i feel like a sunshine garden burst in my mouth!
I couldn't stop nibbling on these things, putting it everywhere from salads, soups to just wrapping it around a cucumber stick.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.