1 cup buckwheat groats (covered in water, soaked for about 30 minutes)
1 golden apple (roughly chopped, cored)
1 tablespoon date paste, 1 large date, or 2 small dates
Cinnamon (to taste)
Sea salt (optional)
4 large mint or spearmint leaves (more if smaller)
1 teaspoon slivered ginger (skin peeled)
Water (to blend)
1. Strain and rinse soaked buckwheat groats. They should be relatively easy to break apart with your fingers.
2. Place 1/2 of apple, buckwheat, and sea salt in food processor.
3. Bend and slowly add water, just enough to blend, not so it gets soupy (about 1/4 cup). Clear the sides with a spoon and continue blending.
4. I use a magic bullet for this next step, but if you don’t have a small blender, simply do step 3 before stage 2 in your food processor, set mixture aside, and do the buckwheat mixture next.
5. Blend dates, cinnamon, ginger, and mint with a little water to make a syrup.
6. Add half the syrup to the food processor batch. Blend in food food processor briefly.
7. Pour the buckwheat cereal into a bowl. Drizzle syrup over.
8. Top with fresh fruit, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and extra mint leaves.
Simple faux-oatmeal recipe.
Great for Sunday brunch, or for mornings that you need more than fruit.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!