Rating4.4/5 (from 10 ratings)4.4
YieldServes 1 if you're hungry
¾ cup cashews (soaked at least 2 hours)
1 squeeze of lemon juice
¼ tablespoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
Pinch of sea salt
½ tablespoon onion, red yellow or green (chopped)
1 small handful fresh or dried parsley and/or coriander
FOR ZUCCHINI STRIPS
1 long and thick zucchini (peeled, sliced into thin, wide strips with a peeler or mandoline)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Dash of sea salt
FOR THE MUSHROOMS
Any olive oil left from the zucchini mix (and more if needed)
Portabella mushroom caps (sliced into thin, wide and long slices)
1 big tomato (sliced into thin, wide slices)
Small handful of spinach (coated very lightly in any of the extra marinade from the mushrooms)
1. Process the soaked cashews, lemon juice, lemon zest, nutritional yeast, sea salt, onion, and herbs. The measurements are just approximate, so taste as you go, it should taste yummy like ravioli cheese. It should have a ricotta-cheesey texture, so add more lemon juice or water if needed.
2. Coat the thin and wide zucchini strips with the olive oil and salt so they are coated but notdripping. Set aside, and reserve any extra olive oil and salt mix you have left for the mushrooms.
3. Coat the thinly sliced portabella caps in the olive oil and nama shoyu mixture again so they are coated but not dripping.
4. Coat the baby spinach very lightly in any of the leftover marinade from the mushrooms.
5. Arrange the layers like so: zucchini (slightly overlapping), cheez, tomato slices, mushrooms, spinach, and repeat. dD this so its as tall as you like, and coat the top layer of zucchini with some more cheez and tomato.
6. Dehydrate at 130 F for an hour (this will not destroy enzymes because of the moisture content of the food at this stage), and then at 110-115 F for another half hour to an hour or so.
Elizabethh's ThoughtsBy elizabethh
I have tried a lot of different raw lasagnas, but none of them really did it for me.
I guess because I was a real cooked lasagna fan, and the raw kind didn’t satisfy my craving.
I think, with this recipe, I may have cracked the raw lasagna code, and I can honestly say I like this version better than the cooked one.
Don’t be intimidated by the procedure or anything, it is really easy.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Will hyperthyroidism cause tooth decay?Mage_5 - 12 hours 37 min ago
Has anyone tried the bentonite Detox ?francesr - 23 hours 49 min ago
Change in eye colourClaireT - 2 days 23 hours ago
Enzymes killed in the stomach?SunSpirit - 3 days 22 hours ago
Coconut Sweetener...Any Thoughts?Pancake Organics - 4 days 11 hours ago