YieldAbout a dozen cakes; 12 servings
2 cups spelt (soaked for 2 days and sprouted for 1 day)
1/2 small pie pumpkin (seeded, chunked)
1 tablespoon cinnamon (ground)
4 teaspoons stevia
1 teaspoon salt
6 dates (pitted)
1 cup pecans
1 cup cranberries
1 cup cashews (soaked)
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 cups cranberries
1. Reserve the seeds from the small pie pumpkin. Process half of the pumpkin to a pulp.
2. Add cinnamon, stevia, salt, and dates. Process till thoroughly blended. Remove.
3. Put spelt in food processor (use knife blade) and process until it forms a dough. Scrape often.
4. Combine both mixes and taste for sweetness. Add more stevia until yummy.
5. Add nuts and cranberries and pulse until nuts are coarsely chopped.
6. Form 1/2 inch thick, 1X2 inch rectangles on “D” sheets. Turn over cakes as soon as it is dry enough on that side and continue for another 8 hours or until dry. Also, dry the pumpkin seeds on another shelf in the dehydrator.
7. Combine all ingredients and just enough water (used for the cashews) to blend. Top cakes with cranberry cream.
Waterbaby12347's ThoughtsBy waterbaby12347
Well, it’s that time of year: frost is on the pumpkin and Thanksgiving is near.
So I thought I would try my hand at using cranberries and pumpkins for a holiday treat. Hope you enjoy as much as I did.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Help!! Recurring Herpes Outbreakswrionmaw - 2 hours 24 min ago
Armpits still stink months after detox?Rin - 11 hours 44 min ago
New Mommy and NEED Weightloss SupportRin - 11 hours 45 min ago
Raw Food & Army LifeRin - 11 hours 48 min ago
No weight loss?ClaireT - 3 days 4 hours ago