Rating3.5/5 (from 2 ratings)3.5
For the Spring Rolls:
1 bunch collard greens
3-4 large carrots
1/2 bunch cilantro
Approx. 4 portabello mushrooms
Soy sauce (or Nama Shoyu, which is unpasteurized)
For the dipping sauce:
1/2 c almond butter
3 tbsp brown rice vinegar
1 tsp ginger, minced
Soy sauce (or Nama Shoyu)
1 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
3/4 c water
1/2 c agave nectar
*please adjust all amounts according to your preference!
1. Julienne carrots and cucumbers with a knife or japanese mandoline
2. Cur out stems of collard greens to make uniform wrappers
3. Break off ends of cilantro stems and/or chop cilantro
4. Slice mushrooms and coat lightly with soy sauce
5. Slice avocado thinly, lengthwise
6. Arrange a few each of above ingredients (just 1 mushroom slice) in the middle of each collard green leaf and roll.
7. Place spring roll, open side down, on a plate
8. For sauce: combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and adjust to taste.
9. Serve and enjoy-- separate dipping bowls are preferable as this can get messy!
If you like this recipe, check out my website at brittanybullen.com. Also watch my raw cooking show at http://www.youtube.com/user/brittanybullen !
Brittanybullen's ThoughtsBy brittanybullen
This recipe is based on one my friend Ali made. Hers was a non-raw version that tasted so good, I knew I could make it just as good raw-style. We got lucky on this one, just replacing a couple of ingredients and marinating the mushrooms instead of cooking them-- it's now one of our favorite things to eat! This was even a hit with our carnivorous family members-- a great crowd-pleaser! The peanut sauce is actually made with almond butter instead of peanuts because peanuts are not technically raw, but it tastes just like the real thing!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
jackfruitClaireT - 3 days 22 hours ago
Crazy health devices?pjotrl - 1 week 1 hour ago
4th day as a Vegan:)ClaireT - 1 week 1 day ago
My coconut has been refrigerated for 2 days from clear to purple?ClaireT - 1 week 1 day ago
Please boycott bee pollen!matthewr - 1 week 1 day ago