Raw raspberry bars recipe
Prep Time10 min
Total Time4 hours 10 min
Shelf Life1 week in freezer
- 1. Process all white shortbread ingredients in food processor. Process briefly until you get a crumbly consistency, similar to the white topping in my photos. (Mixture should stick together when pinched.)
- 2. Take 3/4 of the white mixture and press it down firmly into your pan/molds. Refrigerate immediately so the bars can start firming up. (Set remaining 1/4 white mixture aside, to be used later.)
- 3. Blend all raspberry jam ingredients together until a smooth, jam-like consistency is reached.
- 4. Get your white bars out of the fridge, and smooth the raspberry jam on top of the bars using the back of a spoon. Place back in refrigerator.
- 5. Refrigerate bars for at least 1 hour so that the jam can firm up a little bit.
- 6. Sprinkle remaining white crumble mixture on top of the bars.
- 7. Place in freezer for at least 3 hours to firm up. Your raw raspberry bars are now ready. (Store in freezer at all times.)
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
I enjoyed making these raspberry bars for Christmas this year. They add lovely holiday color, and they are easy to keep in the freezer so you can make them a couple of days in advance. Bars can be kept in the freezer for up to 1 week.
If using frozen raspberries, you may need to add an optional 1-2 tablespons water to the jam mixture to help it blend.
To make the cute little bar shapes seen in my pictures, I used silicone financier molds. (I love them.) If you don't have molds, you can simply make the bars in a large sheet or pan and cut them into bars once frozen.
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Fat.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Dietary Fiber.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes