Raw salad for lunch
Shelf LifeEat immediately
- 1. Chop your carrots and tomato into small, bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- 2. Cut the avocado in half. Carefully remove avocado pit. Scoop avocado meat out with a spoon. Chop avocado meat into small chunks. Add avocado to bowl.
- 3. Softly stir up all ingredients using a spoon. The avocado (and tomato seeds/juice) will coat everything and create their own dressing.
- 4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and eat immediately.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
This incredibly simple recipe is a perfect option for your on-the-go lifestyle. With only 3 ingredients, the avocado acts as its own dressing and this can be whipped up in a flash, even at work! This recipe does not keep well, so it should be made a few minutes before eating.
If have have access to a lunchroom at work, simply bring these easy-to-pack ingredients with you, and make this recipe there. Just chop, stir and enjoy. It’s so simple, and it will make you feel amazing.
Lunch Grocery List:
2 large carrots
1 medium tomato
1 avocado (nicely soft but not over-ripe)
...and 2 oranges for dessert!
Since I am renowned for my simple, satisfying recipes I feel negligent for not having shared this with you earlier. But better late than never, right? This is my go-to meal to take with me to work for lunch when I am in a rush. I know it sounds like it's very boring and not really a "recipe," but this meal is a big part of my life so I feel like it's my duty to share it with you!
Warning: Do not make this raw salad in advance! It'll get all smooshy and yucky if you do that. Instead, just grab a large carrot, a nice tomato and a fresh, perfectly ripe avocado and take them with you to work. Then, in your lunchroom or work kitchen just grab a knife and prepare while you're there. It's super fast to make and surprisingly tasty! Seriously.
Obviously, this is a perfectly fine meal to eat at home too, but I never really eat it at home because when I'm at home I'll make something a bit more exciting, like one of these recipes. :)
I know this sounds boring but trust me. It's a very nice flavor combo -- as long as your avocado is perfect and not overripe or under-ripe.
And there you have it, my secret raw lunch idea that I actually eat all the time, like, at least twice a week! (PS: I usually eat two oranges for dessert after lunch.)
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Fat.
- This recipe is a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B6.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, and Riboflavin.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes