Raw taco salad recipe
Rating5/5 (from 3 ratings)5
Prep Time10 min
Total Time10 min
Suggested Servings3 servings
Shelf Life4 days in fridge (taco filling)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked for at least one hour, preferably a few hours.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh corn (optional)
- 1. If you are using dry sun-dried tomatoes, soak your sun-dried tomatoes in oil for at least one hour. Drain and pat dry before using. (If your sun-dried tomatoes are packed in oil you don't need to do this.)
- 2. Simply add all taco "meat" ingredients to the food processor and blend until it become the consistency of the photo above. Go slow! It will happen quickly, perhaps a few pulses.
- 3. Place your taco "meat" on a plate and top with sliced romaine lettuce, sliced tomato and sliced avocado. Eat immediately.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
This walnut-based raw taco filling is an excellent, hearty topping for a raw taco salad.
This recipe is for three large meal-sized servings. Feel free to double the taco meat recipe if you prefer.
The taco filling keeps VERY well in the fridge for around 4 days! Seriously, the "taco meat" keeps superbly so it's a perfect recipe to keep in the fridge for quick meals.
I love this stuff!
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is an excellent source of Vitamin A.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, Dietary Fiber, Iron, Vitamin C, Riboflavin, and Vitamin B6.
Printable Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes