Raw vegan chicken salad recipe
Rating4.5/5 (from 6 ratings)4.5
Prep Time5 min
Total Time5 min
Suggested Servings5 servings
Shelf LifeEat immediately
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cucumber (peel first if your skin is tough) (cut into chunks)
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 of an apple (cut into chunks)
- 1 celery stalk (cut into chunks) or 1/2 cup carrots
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1. Throw everything in a food processor. (Do not use your blender for this.)
- 2. Process very briefly until your mixture resembles the above photo.
- 3. You can let this raw recipe sit for half an hour or so to let the flavors combine briefly, but this raw vegan meal does not keep for very long so eat up!
- 4. Serve as above, in lettuce wraps, in a hollowed out sweet bell pepper, or serve with avocado chunks on top!
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
Raw vegan "chicken salad" recipes don't taste like chicken. Rather, it's their texture that give these raw vegan chicken salads their "chickenness."
This raw chicken salad recipe gets that chicken-salad-like texture by using raw cashews.
In order to make this recipe you need a food processor. And be warned, this recipe should only be food processed for literally just a few seconds (depending on the strength of your food processor) because you want to keep this raw mock chicken salad recipe quite chunky.
In other words, do not overprocess. I like my raw vegan mock chicken salad to be similar in texture to the photo.
Warning: This recipe DOES NOT keep well so you may want to half the sizes if you have a small household. Truly, it's best fresh so plan to eat it all right away.
I love the simplicity of this raw vegan chicken salad recipe. This recipe is also a good contender for substitutions... Just make sure you've got the ratio of nuts to vegetables as per the above recipe. Do not omit the apple or the cashews, though, because they are integral to the flavor of this delicious, easy raw vegan chicken salad recipe.
Let us know what you think about this recipe in the comments!
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Calories.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, and Iron.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin E.
Printable Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes