2 tablespoons cacao nibs
2 tablespoons goji berries
1 tablespoon Artisana coconut butter
1. Put ingredients in a small rice bowl, with the Artisana coconut butter on top.
2. Place in an oven on lowest heat, with the door open. The heat should reach only about 100 F (you can test the temperature with an instant read thermometer).
3. Wait until the coconut butter is melted to your preference and remove.
4. Mix together with a spoon and enjoy!
Achin70's ThoughtsBy achin70
When I get home from work, it’s time for my daily cacao fix!
I have eight different combinations I use, and this is one of my favorites.
I like to start out with a tablespoon of bee pollen straight, and then I follow it up with this little piece of heaven.
Warning: This is very mildly sweetened, so many of you will need more goji berries to make it palatable for you! Also, I highly recommend the Artisana coconut butter, but if you use coconut oil, you might also need more gojis to sweeten it up.
Here are my other combinations. Experiment and come up with your own favorites!
- Try different kinds of dried fruit: chopped dates, figs, mulberries, or raisins.
- Try different sweeteners like raw honey or yacon syrup.
- Experiment with different nuts and seeds.
- Use synergistic spices like cinnamon, cayenne, or salt.
Many of these combinations could make great desserts if you increased the volume fifteen to twenty fold, enough to fill an 8×8 pan (about 6-7 cups).
1) 2 tablespoons cacao nibs, a little more than 2 tablespoons goji berries, and a little more than 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon hemp seed. I’ve tried other nuts, like chopped macadamias and chopped hazelnuts, but hemp seed seems to have the greatest affinity with cacao. Pine nuts and finely chopped Brazil nuts are also wonderful.
2) 2 tablespoons cacao nibs, 2 tablespoons goji berries. The simplest combination, but also the one with the richest, strongest cacao flavor!
3) 2 tablespoons cacao nibs, 2 teaspoons lucuma powder, 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Artisana coconut butter. You might like the Artisana coconut butter unmelted here. Thanks to the Natural Zing website for inspiring this idea!
4) 2 tablespoons cacao nibs, 1/2 tablespoon mesquite meal, 1 teaspoon maca, and 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Artisana coconut butter. You might also like the Artisana coconut butter unmelted here.
5) 2 tablespoons cacao nibs, 2 teaspoons mesquite meal, and 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Artisana coconut butter. You might also like the Artisana coconut butter unmelted here.
6) 2 tablespoons cacao nibs, 1/2 teaspoon dark agave nectar, and 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Artisana coconut butter. I recommend partly melting the coconut butter here. Thanks to Artisana for inspiring this combination!
7) 2 tablespoons cacao nibs, 1 tablespoon bee pollen (fresh frozen is best!), and 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Artisana coconut butter. I recommend partly melting the coconut butter here.
Okay, I decided to update this recipe by including my current favorite combo:
8) 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon cacao nibs, 1 tablespoon of goji berries, 2 tablespoons hemp seed, 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Artisana Coconut Butter, and 1/2 teaspoon agave or 1 teaspoon bee pollen (add more if you like). You might like the Artisana Coconut Butter unmelted here.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
jackfruitClaireT - 1 day 1 hour ago
Crazy health devices?pjotrl - 4 days 4 hours ago
4th day as a Vegan:)ClaireT - 5 days 4 hours ago
My coconut has been refrigerated for 2 days from clear to purple?ClaireT - 5 days 4 hours ago
Please boycott bee pollen!matthewr - 5 days 9 hours ago