2 tablespoon cacao nibs
2 tablespoon goji berries
1 tablespoon Artisana coconut butter
Put ingredients in a small rice bowl, with the Artisana coconut butter on top. Place in an oven on lowest heat, with the door open. The heat should reach only about 100F (you can test the temperature with an instant read thermometer). Waitly until the coconut butter is melted to your preference, and remove. Mix together with a spoon, and enjoy!
Here are my other combinations. Experiment and come up with your own favorites!
- Try different kinds of dried fruit: chopped dates, figs, mulberries or raisins.
- Try different sweeteners like raw honey or yacon syrup.
- Experiment with different nuts and seeds.
- Use synergistic spices like cinnamon, cayenne or Himalayan Crystal Salt.
- Many of these combinations could make great desserts, if you increased the volume fifteen to twentyfold, enough to fill an 8×8 pan (about 6-7 cups).
1) 2T cacao nibs a little more than 2T goji berries a little more than 1T + 1t hemp seed I’ve tried other nuts, like chopped macadamias and chopped hazelnuts, but hemp seed seems to have the greatest affinity with cacao. Pine nuts and finely chopped brazil nuts are also wonderful.
2) 2T cacao nibs 2T goji berries The simplest combination, but also the one with the richest, strongest cacao flavor!
3) 2T cacao nibs 2t lucuma powder 1T + 1t Artisana coconut butter You might like the Artisana coconut butter unmelted here. Thanks to the Natural Zing website for inspiring this idea!
4) 2T cacao nibs 1/2 T mesquite meal 1t maca 1T + 1t Artisana coconut butter You might also like the Artisana coconut butter unmelted here.
5) 2T cacao nibs 2t mesquite meal 1T + 1t Artisana coconut butter You might also like the Artisana coconut butter unmelted here.
6) 2T cacao nibs 1/2t dark agave nectar 1T + 1t Artisana coconut butter I recommend partly melting the coconut butter here. Thanks to Artisana for inspiring this combination!
7) 2T cacao nibs 1T bee pollen (fresh frozen is best!) 1T + 1t Artisana coconut butter I recommend partly melting the coconut butter here.
8) Ok, I decided to update this recipe by including my current favorite combo:
2T + 1t cacao nibs 1 heaping T of goji berries 2T hemp seed 1T + 1t Artisana Coconut Butter 1/2t agave or 1t bee pollen (add more if you like) You might like the Artisana Coconut Butter unmelted here.
Achin70's ThoughtsBy achin70
When I get home from work, it’s time for my daily cacao fix! I have eight different combinations I use, and this is one of my favorites. I like to start out with a tablespoon of bee pollen straight, and then I follow it up with this little piece of heaven. Warning: This is very mildly sweetened, so many of you will need more goji berries to make it palatable for you! Also, I highly recommend the Artisana coconut butter, but if you use coconut oil, you might also need more gojis to sweeten it up.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
cravings for dense sweet food & tahiniClaireT - 13 min 41 sec ago
2 MONTHS VEGAN AND SOOO BLOATED!!!!! HELP!TammiTrue - 1 day 23 hours ago
Anyone going through menopause and raw?ClaireT - 2 days 2 hours ago
Help and Suggestions?Fruity - 2 days 7 hours ago
i need serious help!Fruity - 2 days 7 hours ago