4 cups corn (frozen)
½ cup ground flax seeds (not soaked)
½ cup orange juice
1 clove garlic
Dash of sea salt
1. Blend all of the tortilla ingredients listed in a food processor until smooth.
2. Spread evenly (about 1/8” thick) onto a Teflex sheet on top of a mesh dehydrator screen and dehydrate at 105 degrees.
3. When tortillas are solid enough to turn (about 3 hours), flip onto mesh screen and dehydrate until other side is solid enough to lift (another 1-2 hours).
4. In a bowl, for the filling, combine 4 cups of veggies of your choice with 1/4 cup olive oil, dash of salt, dash of cumin, dash of chili powder. (Squeeze some lime over it- optional)
5. Let it marinate for half an hour. (I enjoy using red and yellow peppers, zucchini, 1 tablespoon of red onion, cilantro, and I also add lime juice).
6. Slice the tortilla in half so you have two large pieces. Place veggies in the middle in a long strip.
7. Put it back into the dehydrator for another 1-2 hours.
Delicious raw enchilada!
The tortilla has some sweetness due to orange juice, and it has that great corny taste and texture.
Marinate whatever veggies you like and enjoy this flavorful meal. Even my non raw hubby gobbled this down and kept asking for more!
Serve the enchilada with some avocado on the side!
The picture shows my enchilada served with a salad (with extra marinated veggies on top). I add golden raisins to my salad and this complements the sweetness of the tortilla very nicely!
I also drizzle my meal with some olive oil.
This is a modified version of Alissa Cohen’s recipe from her book “Living on Live Food”.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!