Rating3.8/5 (from 4 ratings)3.75
YieldServes 1 to 3
1 Coconut, Cut, drain and scrape
1 Medium Jicama, Grated
1 Medium Carrot, Grated
1 Small Onion, Finely diced
1 cup Peas or Greenbeans (diced with greenbeans)
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
1 teaspoon Oil
2 teaspoon Curry Powder
1 pinch tumeric
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pinch sage
1 pinch thyme
1 mango (I liked pineapple too), diced
1 banana, mashed
1 pinch Garam Masala
1. Blend coconut meat with just a bit of the water to form a batter like consistency.
2. Combine jicama, carrot, onion, peas/green beans, garlic, oil, curry powder, turmeric, sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Spread coconut batter on a teflex sheet and dehydrate on 95 degrees for around 2 to 3 hours, peel off and continue till dry but still pliable (about another 20 to 30 minutes). Spoon filling onto another teflex sheet and dehydrate until coconut wraps are finished.
4. Cut coconut wraps into rectangles, fill one corner with filling then fold like a flag and tuck.
5. Blend banana with garam masala and spread on to triangles. 6. Sprinkle with mango or pineapple. You can also dehydrate the samosas should they become sticky and to warm them as well.
Harmonylia's ThoughtsBy harmonylia
I’ve never had deep fried samosas, but I found inspiration on G lifestyle. Sarma Melngailis has a great recipe using cauliflower. However, after doing some research on veggie samosas, I came up with this offering. It’s gently spicy and once it’s prepped, you just let it go and then assemble.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
What is the one kitchen tool you could not live without?TammiTrue - 4 days 1 hour ago
Avocado headache!!!stellabbell - 6 days 18 hours ago
Best Juicer?marinay4510 - 1 week 3 hours ago
Could you list here the best masticating juicer?marinay4510 - 1 week 3 hours ago
~chrons, colitis, ibd~ gaining weight as raw vegan?marinay4510 - 1 week 4 hours ago