1 pint fresh strawberries
Pear Cream Filling:
½ cup cashews, presoaked**
¾ medium bosc pear, or bartlet
1 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp shaved raw cacao butter
2 Tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tsp agave (more or less to taste)
** Soaking cashews for 2-4 hours is recommended but not necessary.
** Pear Cream Filling can be made a day or two in advance.
• To make Pear Cream: In a blender—or Magic Bullet at my house—grind cashews into a flour. Coarsely chop pear. Add it and lemon juice to the cashew flour and blend until smooth. Set aside.
• Prep ingredients and equipment for cacao sauce. By using a double boiler—or your own version—the cacao will melt without exceeding the critical 118 degrees. Ready the shaved cacao on the stove for melting. Do not yet heat.
• Wash strawberries and pat dry. Cut ¼ inch segments that can then be sliced to create a pocket. Depending on the size of your berries you may want to slice them lengthwise or crosswise, or alternate. To utilize the strawberry’s natural heart shape remove the stem with a V cut and slice lengthwise.
• Spoon filling into strawberry ravioli and place directly on a plate. This is a great dish to share.
• Melt cacao butter over low heat. Add cacao powder and stir until dissolved. Add agave, keep stirring. You may want to use more than a teaspoon of sweetener if you’re a milk chocolate fan or your strawberries aren’t sweet. Omit it if you prefer dark chocolate.
• Drizzle desired amount of cacao sauce over ravioli. Serve immediately.
Chocolate covered strawberries may now be the most popular aphrodisiac food, beating out raw oysters. Duh. But why stop there? Strawberry Ravioli with Cacao Sauce kicks it up a notch and incorporates another sexy duo: whip cream and strawberries. Throw ’em all together you get a sinful threesome, powered by raw vegan ingredients. Rwaarrrr!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2015 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!