Raw whipped cream recipe
Shelf Life3 days in fridge
Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (reserve - do not add to blender yet)
- 1 tablespoon lecithin (ground up in your coffee grinder if it hasn't been ground up already) (reserve - do not add to blender yet)
- 1. Add all ingredients except coconut oil and lecithin to blender. Blend until smooth.
- 2. Add the coconut oil and the ground lecithin (do not use chunky lecithin, grind it first!). Blend again until well distributed.
- 3. Pour liqudy raw whipped cream mixture into a bowl (or directly on top of the thing you want to eventually have whipped cream on it, example, brownies). The whipped cream will be quite runny and it needs to be refrigerated for about 8 hours in order to solidify into a more whipped creamy chunkiness.
- 4. The whipped cream will harden quite a bit if left in a bowl and refrigerated. So when using a bowl of whipped cream it'll come out looking like a scoop of ice cream and it's not very easy to spread.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
This is a raw whipped cream recipe that tastes divine. However, it does not behave exactly like whipped cream because it will soften once it's out of the refrigerator. So please treat it more like ice cream (although it is kept in the refrigerator, not freezer), because it will melt so do not add it to your raw dessert until it's about to be eaten (similar to how you serve ice cream).
Lecithin is important in this recipe. It will help solidify the recipe. You can use sunflower lecithin or soy lecithin or another vegan type of lecithin. Lecithin can be purchased at health food stores or bulk food retailers (or online, of course). It's usually in granular form. If so, you'll need to grind it up into a powder using a coffee grinder.
Lemon juice is also important. Do not omit. Actually, everything is important in this recipe. Just make it how I say, okay? :)
It tastes delicious. It is to die for when eaten like ice cream on top of berries. :)
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Calories.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, and Iron.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes