Raw cream of mushroom soup recipe
Prep Time5 min
Total Time5 min
Shelf LifeEat immediately
- 1. Wash and dry your mushrooms. Chop 'em up a bit.
- 2. Add all ingredients (except the second amount of reserved finely chopped mushrooms) into your high-speed blender. Blend on high until very smooth and well-blended. Blend for an abnormally long time because you want this raw cream of mushroom recipe to be slightly warm when coming out of the blender.
- 3. Pour liquidy mushroom soup mixture into a bowl(s). Add remaining mushrooms and stir with a spoon. See what we're doing here? We're making a liquidy mixture and then adding some chunks to it to give it some texture and variety. That's the trick to all my raw soups.
- 4. Eat this raw cream of mushroom soup recipe immediately, while still warm from the blender!
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
I am posting this raw cream of mushroom soup recipe for my raw friend Gayla. She is dying to making a batch of raw cream of mushroom soup so I wanted to post my simple mushroom soup recipe for her ASAP! I've actually been eating this for lunch all the time lately. As you can tell, I am on a raw vegan soup kick!
It's really quite freaky how much this tastes like Campbell's brand cream of mushroom soup. Also, you can vary the water content of this soup quite a bit to alter the result. I would start with 1/4 cup of water and slowly add a bit more water if necessary to (a) facilitate blending; and (2) to get the consistency that you like your soup.
Another note... Sometimes I like to make a very thick batch of this soup and use it like a mushroomy gravy, as well. Mmm!
In terms of portion sizes, this raw vegan mushroom soup recipe is perfect for one nice big bowl of soup for one person.
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates.
- This recipe is a good source of Protein, and Iron.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Riboflavin, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin K.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes