1 box strawberries
1 young coconut
Coconut water (as needed)
Sweetener of choice (to taste)
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1 cup almonds (soaked, dehydrated in the sun, and then ground)
Sweetener of choice (as needed; for the pie crust)
Dash of salt
1 tablespoon psyllium (for the crust)
1. Open up the young coconut and save the water.
2. Carve out the meat, clean it off, and then dump it into the blender.
3. Add the trimmed strawberries, some sweetener (mine weren’t very sweet, so I had to use quite a bit of sweetener), and coconut water to get it mixing well (I have a wimpy blender). Blend until smooth.
4. Then add the melted coconut oil. You can also add some vanilla.
5. For the crust, which should be made first, maybe a couple hours in advance, soak the almonds overnight, dry them in the sun for a couple hours, and then grind into a meal. Pour in some sweetener (I used maple syrup) until a little sticky.
6. Add in the salt and psyllium. Press into a bowl or plate to form the crust.
7. Let the crust dry in the sun for a few hours to help it set.
8. Pour in the mousse and chill a few hours in the fridge.
Carmentina's ThoughtsBy Carmentina
An easy mousse you can enjoy plain, or make it into a pie as I did.
My hubby loved this.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
I began soaking raw almonds and raw cashews last week without water changes. Are they safe to eat?marcin - 16 hours 9 min ago
Juicing PineappleClaireT - 2 days 16 hours ago
eyelashesharmonys - 3 days 1 hour ago
Eating just fruitTammiTrue - 5 days 19 hours ago
Really Dry Skinamelykruskal - 1 week 1 day ago