Raw turtles recipe
Posted in: Raw Chocolates, Balls and Candies
1. Add pecans to food processor. Process until quite small - resembling coarse flour.
2. Add half of the dates. Process until well combined and you can't even see the dates any more.
3. Add the remaining dates. Process again until well combined and you can't even see the dates any more.
4. Break a perfectly ripe banana (not too hard and not too soft) into chunks and add to food processor mixture. Process again until banana is well combined. Your mixture should now resemble the photograph.
5. Sneak a few spoonfuls right away for a quick sugar fix. Freeze remainder into smaller portions.
The Rawtarian's Thoughts
This is my quick and dirty version of a raw turtles recipe. And with just one step (food processor) and only three ingredients these are a real winner for when you want a sugar fix.
Enjoy this raw turtles recipe batter ooeh and gooey straight out of the food processor for a super sugary, caramel style nut fudge (shown in photos). Or roll into into little, flat sticky balls and freeze for a truly decadent treat.
I haven't bothered with the chocolate part for true "raw turtles", but you can certainly incorporate some raw chocolate into this if you like.
The flavor of my raw turtles recipe is super sweet pecan pie with a subtle hint of banana flavor.
Tip: do not use an old, funky banana. Your banana should be at the peak of perfection.
The only downside to this mixture is that it's super sticky and can be a bit of a pain to wash from the food processor. But it's worth it :)
Your raw recipe package has been sent to your email
Be sure to check your spam or bulk mail folders if you can't find your package. Enjoy your raw adventure!