2 cups millet (sprouted)
2 cups oat groats (ground)
2 cups water
1 packet active dry yeast
2 teaspoons agave nectar
1 teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup black sesame seeds
½ cup flax seeds (ground)
1 cup sunflower seed butter (optional)
½ onion (minced)
1. Combine millet, oat flour, water, agave nectar, yeast, sea salt, optional sunflower seed butter, sesame seeds, and onion in your food processor. Whir until completely smooth.
2. Put into a bowl and add the flax meal.
3. Oil hands generously and divide dough into eight pieces. Flatten each piece into a disc and shape into a bagel (poke and enlarge a hole in the center of the disc).
4. Place on teflex sheet and let rest for an hour.
5. Dehydrate at 145 Fahrenheit for 2 hours. Turn temp down to 115 Fahrenheit and dehydrate for another 3-4 hours.
This recipe combines Dr. Cousen’s methods for proper food preservation with basic food science to create an authentic yeast bread that is safe, as well as a perfect foil for cream cheese or lox.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2018 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!