1/2 cup raw cashews
1/8 cup raw sesame seeds
1/4 cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/8 cup raw shelled pistachios
8 dried figs
1 cup dates
1 cup sun dried raisins
2 tsp vanilla
2 T cinnamon
2 T raw maca powder (optional)
1 tsp dried kelp
1/4 cup raw agave (or other liquid sweetener)
1. First blend cashews, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, pistachios, cinnamon, and kelp for about 10 to 15 seconds, till cashews are about the size of a larg grain of rice. Pour into a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Add remaining ingredients (except the agave) into processor and blend. If mixture turns into a ball before completely chopped, stop, break up ball into a few pieces, then recap and continue to blend.
3. Once mixed thoroughly, pour in dry nut/seed mixture and blend, adding agave a little at a time through the top till mixture is completely mixed. Depending on the ingredients (I like to experiment) you may have to add or subtract a little of the agave. The more agave you add the stickier the bar will be..not a BAD thing, but still messy. The less the agave, the better. I really only add the agave to help in the mixing process, as the fruit is more than sweet enough to compensate by itself. Feel free to experiment and see what works best for you. It is possible to make this without the agave, but will probably work better to chop and blend the two mixes separately and then hand mix in a bowl.
4. Once blended, take a piece of plastic wrap about a foot and a half long or so, and lay down onto a flat surface.
5. Pat mixture into a ball and lay in middle of wrap. Place another piece of plastic wrap over ball and pat down. Take a rolling pin and roll out to about a 1/2 an inch thickness, about 12 by 8 inch rectangle.
6. Place in fridge for about an hour or until chilled. Take out and cut into about 14 bars. (Amount of bars depends on how thin you roll it.)
7. Place bars in snack bags for a grab and go snack or keep on original plastic wrap. Keep chilled to maximize shelf life, (but if you are like me you'll eat the whole batch in a few days!)
This is my super yummy answer to some popular seed and nut bars. Sweet and nutty and lots of flavor! Great as a quick breakfast, an afternoon snack, a post workout kick, and pretty much anytime you need a little something! I added raw Maca powder because of its stress reducing, stamina and (libido) busting, and fatigue fighting powers. Chia seed is great for its ability to energize, not to mention its rich in omega fatty acids AND a great source of fibre in general.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2016 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!