4½ tablespoons hemp seed butter
¼ cup millet pops
3 tablespoons unhulled sesame seeds (coarsely ground)
1 tablespoon honey
4 teaspoons agave nectar
5 small dates
½ packet green foods powder
3 tablespoons hemp protein powder
3 tablespoons goji berries (sun-dried)
¼ cup chopped walnuts (soaked 6 hours, drained, dehydrated 6 hours)
Any other pinches and dashes of supplements (I added some dolomite calcium powder and some Peruvian maca root)
¼ teaspoon mace or nutmeg (ground)
1. With a fork, mash the dates, honey, and agave into a rich, thick paste in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients, saving the dehydrated walnuts and gojis for last.
3. Stir really well with each ingredient being added.
4. Spread onto a perforated sheet of some sort (I just used my dehydrator tray) into four equal bars or eight equal squares.
5. Leave on the counter, covered, for 3-4 hours to dry. It could also be done in the sun if you live in SoCal (unlike me, argg).
Hemp might just be my favorite food on the planet.
I am repeatedly amazed by its flavor and nutritional profile, and I truly cannot get enough of it.
As a growing teenager and an avid runner, the high-calorie, nutrient-dense qualities of this bar, as well as its simplicity to make, are why this is probably my favorite raw recipe that I have created.
Eat any time you need a boost of energy. These are perfect for runners, as the millet and dates provide high-quality carbs while the protein and fiber content stabilize glycogen levels.
I hope you’ll enjoy it as much as I have, especially since it’s my first electricity-free recipe!
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
© 2009-2017 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!