Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
YieldServes around 4 quiches
FOR THE CRUST
2 tablespoons flax meal (ground)
1 clove garlic (crushed)
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons water
FOR THE FILLING
2 cups mushrooms (chopped)
2 cups green squash
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1½ cup cashews
A bit of water
1. Put all the crust ingredients in a food processor till mixed (and smooth).
2. Press into Tart cases so you have a thin crust.
Optional: Dehydrate for 2 hours in cases then when they are firm, remove them from the cases and dehydrate for a further 6 hours.
3. For the filling, marinate chopped mushrooms in lemon juice.
4. While the mushrooms are marinating, blend all the other filling ingredients in blender until smooth.
5. In a large bowl, mix together mushrooms and filling mixture together.
6. Pour mixture into the bases.
Optional: Dehydrate for a further 24 hours.
Ajchanter's ThoughtsBy ajchanter
Even my Grandfather liked it and that's saying something! ;)
I changed it from Russell James’s recipe to what i had in the kitchen at that moment.
I didn't dehydrate mine because I didn't have a dehydrator then.
I'm sure it would taste even better in they go in for a bit!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
dry hands on a 100% raw diet?ClaireT - 17 hours 31 min ago
opinions about coconut waterClaireT - 17 hours 32 min ago
Cilantro - How much per day is safe?ClaireT - 17 hours 33 min ago
Products that Even out Skin tone?eleanorh - 2 days 26 min ago
Helloooo Raw Christians....Fellowshipofthemartyrs - 5 days 5 hours ago