Rating5/5 (from 2 ratings)5
4 portobello mushroom caps (chopped)
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1 cup of sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
1/2 cup of chopped onion
1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro (optional)
1/2 cup chopped carrot
pepper and other herbs to taste
1. Combine the nama shoyu, raw honey and vinegar in a bowl to form marinade. Add the chopped mushrooms in and let them sit for a couple of hours.
2. Process the sunflower seeds in a high speed blender, until smooth.
3. Add the mushrooms from the marinade into the blender and process until you obtain a slightly rough mixture (make sure it doesn't turn into a very smooth paste).
4. Incorporate the remaining ingredients and blend well.
5. Shape the mixture into 4 burgers and dehydrate for a couple of hours on one side, and another couple of hours on the other side. Serve with raw bread and salad for a delicious sandwich.
Therawmichelle's ThoughtsBy therawmichelle
This recipe is an amazing winter treat for all those burger lovers out there who miss a warm, delicious sandwich.
It is simple to make, has great flavor and texture and can be eaten with veggies or between two slices of raw bread.
Mushrooms are fleshy, nutrient dense and low in calories, making these burgers a great option for people who are watching their weight.
Moreover, mushrooms contain more vitamin D than any other vegetable, and are a great addition to the diet during winter days.
Mushrooms offer a wide range of nutrients, including essential amino acids, vitamin B, as well as minerals like copper, iron, selenium, manganese, magnesium and phosphorus.
They also contain a special amino acid called ergothioneine, which is found only in mushrooms and yeasts and that functions as strong antioxidant.
The sunflower seeds are added both for their fiber, protein and essential fats, as well as for their texture and taste.
I often add sunflower or pumpkin seeds to my raw vegan recipes, as I find it much easier to incorporate them in my main meals than eat them as they are.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
One Meal A Daymichaelgoromjr - 18 hours 19 min ago
Raw oat groats edible?Thomas - 1 day 3 hours ago
How do I deal with depression?ClaireT - 1 day 20 hours ago
95% Raw, Alcohol/Caffeine, and Low Energy!ClaireT - 1 day 20 hours ago
Questions about mandoline slicers and spiralizersjaneD - 4 days 8 hours ago