Rating4.5/5 (from 4 ratings)4.5
YieldServes 2 as an entree
1 Cucumber, Diced
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, Diced
1 Avocado, Cubed
1 Scallion, Sliced Thin
1 cup Spinach, Sliced
2 cup Sprouted Quinoa
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Spike Seasoning
- Soak Quinoa for 30 minutes, Rinse and Rinse again (it’s important to remove the saponins), Sprout for 12 hours, Rinse
- Dice Cucumber, Dice Yellow Bell Pepper, Thinly slice scallions, Chop Spinach, dice avocado
- Add chopped veggies to Quinoa in a big bowl and toss
- Add some olive oil and Spike Seasoning
- Enjoy with raw crackers, I used the Sun Dried Tomotao Cracker on this site (http://goneraw.com/recipes/34-Sun-Dried-Tomato-Cracker) I added extra sundried tomato and red bell pepper
Avocado_love's ThoughtsBy avocado_love
Quinoa is a great source of protein (12-18%), it contains a balanced set of essential amino acids, making it an unusually complete food. It is a good source of dietary fiber and phosphorus and is high in magnesium and iron.
This salad with the quinoa as a base can be made many ways. i have made this with an avocado a dressing as well.
I don’t tend to measure so quantities are approximate.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Newbie PageClaireT - 21 hours 15 min ago
Does anyone else experience thisgesolgonheather - 2 days 3 min ago
unsuccessful printing of ebook. Help?!The Rawtarian - 4 days 1 hour ago
Maca, friend or foe?ClaireT - 1 week 2 days ago
Is The Fish Oil Good for Health?vicky_spd15 - 1 week 2 days ago