Rating5/5 (from 1 ratings)5
10 walnuts (best if you can get local ones still in their shell)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
3 tablespoons water
Nutmeg (freshly grated)
1 to 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
1. Shell the walnuts. Put them into a bowl, cover with water, and leave to soak for 24 hours.
2. Drain and rinse the walnuts. Pop them into a processor (or mini processor as I do) with the cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of the water. Process well.
3. Open the processor, scrape down the sides and add the last tablespoon of water.
4. Process again. Keep going till it’s really smooth.
5. Take the blade out of the processor and spoon in the optional honey. Grate nutmeg in to taste and stir well.
Pathlesstrodden's ThoughtsBy pathlesstrodden
I'm in Tuscany, Italy and here walnuts and pears are in season at the same time. I’m sure it’s because they taste amazing together!
To celebrate, here’s a really simple walnut spread I came up with that goes so well on sliced up pears.
It’s really easy to make, and a smooth and creamy taste experience!
I always soak my walnuts (the color of the soak water after will explain to you why!), but it is possible to make this spread without pre-soaking.
You’d need to add more water at the processing stage to make a smooth paste.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Raw Taco Filling Recipe helpnancyzb - 32 min 37 sec ago
Sick when eating cooked foodHalas1987 - 19 hours 19 min ago
Best Juicer?Halas1987 - 19 hours 25 min ago
How can I prevent neighbor's cat from killing birds in our yard?Requisite - 1 day 3 hours ago
eczema!oliviaw - 2 days 11 hours ago