Rating5/5 (from 4 ratings)5
1½ cups corn off the cob or frozen corn
1 cup carrots (shredded)
1 cup zucchini (shredded)
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
1 cup golden flaxseed (ground)
1. In food processor, blend 1/2 cup of corn until pureed.
2. Add the remaining corn, carrots, zucchini, oil, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and salt. Pulse a couple times. Do not puree.
3. Mix flaxseed and another serving of garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and salt on a plate.
4. Scoop out a tablespoon size of the corn mixture and gently roll in flaxseed mixture until coated.
5. Lay on mesh dehydrator sheet and shape as desired. Do this with the remaining mixture.
6. Place in dehydrator at 145F for 1 hour. Then flip, reduce the temperature to 105F, and continue dehydrating until your preferred texture is reached. (Likewise, the nuggets can be cooked at a low temperature the entire time for a longer time period).
7. Serve with dip.
Aziah's ThoughtsBy Aziah
Finally, something my kids love! A mild-tasting veggie nugget for kids to snack on.
I imagine you could make these in advance and freeze them, then thaw and warm in the dehydrator.
Serve with my remoulade sauce (recipe is in my profile) for a more adventurous taste.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
Eating just fruitTammiTrue - 23 hours 50 min ago
Perioral Dermatitis, Help Pleasesophc - 3 days 13 hours ago
2 week old baby and breastmilk shortage!! need advice....ClaireT - 5 days 1 hour ago
Irish Moss dishesClaywoman - 6 days 7 hours ago
Good Anti-inflamatories like pine apples and gingerTammiTrue - 1 week 3 days ago