Raw apple crumble recipe
Shelf LifeEat immediately
Rating4.8/5 (from 4 ratings)4.75
- 1. To make the crumble, briefly process coconut, nuts and salt until pecans are reduced in size.
- 2. Add dates and continue to process until mixture is coarse meal that still looks fluffy. Do not over-process. (You may still see small dark chunks of dates, but that’s okay.) Your "crumble" is now ready.
- 3. Slice your apples. (If you have a food processor, you can pulse chopped apples BRIEFLY if you are in a rush.) Set aside.
- 4. Throw your crumble loosely into a BIG bowl. Add your sliced apples on top of the crumble (and add your optional raisins/cranberries). Pour the lemon juice and the maple syrup into the bowl. Add cinnamon.
- 5. Gently stir everything together until the crumble, apples and moisture from the lemon juice/syrup are equally distributed.
- 6. Your crumble is now ready!
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
Fruit lovers, you're going to love this simple but beautifully flavored crumble recipe. This has a surprisingly buttery taste when assembled. With no butter, of course!
The lemon juice and the maple syrup add important "moistness" to this recipe (so that the crumble will stick to the sliced fruit).
GENIUS TIP: Store a batch of your dry "crumble" in a ziploc bag in your pantry for a few days. Then, when you want something sweet, just chop up an apple, add approx. 1/2 cup of crumble, then 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Stir and you're got a personal sized- crumble!
- This recipe is very low in Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Calories.
- This recipe is a good source of Riboflavin.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, Dietary Fiber, and Vitamin B6.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes