One of the biggest challenges going raw is 'taking it with you.'
Are you guilty of running out the door with empty hands, only to end up starving (and grumpy)? Or dashing into the nearest convenience store for an unhealthy snack?
Perhaps you do make the effort to bring some raw food. Nuts, fruit, veggies: all good! But in case you were wondering (and I know you were!), I do have many yummy recipes that travel well.
Try some of these recipes next time you hit the road...
- Pair a raw soup with a dehydrated bread. A good combo is moist spongy bread with red pepper soup. Soup is an such an easy take-along: just shake it up a little and swig it from your thermos!
- Pack a container of almond butter - eat with an apple for a delicious snack. Or spread on a piece of sweet bread.
- Monkey sandwiches - surprisingly portable and oh, so tasty!
- Raw taco meat (pack some romaine leaves to munch on with it).
- For a crunchy and filling snack, stuff a baggie full of flax crackers.
- With a green smoothie!