Carob powder (optional; lends a more complex flavor)
Honey, agave, or dates
Oil(s) (I used coconut oil for its thickness and sweetness)
Olive oil (to offset coconut oil's overpowering and 'cool' flavor)
Salt (very important)
Nuts (optional; I didn't add this time around)
Mix-ins and powders if desired (walnuts, almonds, cinnamon, orange zest, raspberry, rosewater, lavender, mint, etc.)
1. Add coconut oil to pan or bowl. Make sure it is soft enough to fully mix.
2. Add honey, olive oil, and salt. Mix until well blended.
3. Add in cocoa and carob powder and mix well.
4. Add enough powders to made a pliable 'dough'. Form into balls and roll into powders such as cocoa or cinnamon, or add flavorings to portions of the chocolate mixture such as orange juice, orange zest, rosewater, or finely minced mint.
5. Or coat candy mold or mini-muffin pan with oil and press cocoa mixture lightly into mold. Refrigerate.
An indulgent little dessert for one or more to share!
Pictured: Cocoa Powder Dusted Truffle, Cinnamon Dusted Truffle, Orange Zest Truffle (by far the best!!!), Bee Pollen Dusted Truffle.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2021 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!