1 cup walnuts
1 cup pecans
15 dates (or to taste)
1 tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
2 large apples
1 cup apricot jam (dried apricots and dates, ground up with water)
2 tablespoons cinnamon
Date paste to taste (optional)
1 cup walnuts
1 cup dates
1. Cut up the apples into thin slices and let the slices oxidize (turn brown and soft) for as long as it takes to make the crust and jam.
2. Combine the walnuts, pecans, dates, and cinnamon to make the crust, grinding in the food processor until crumbly, and press into a pie dish.
3. Make the apricot jam (if you don't have any in your fridge) in the food processor.
4. Combine the apples, cinnamon, and apricot jam in a bowl, and taste some to see if it needs some date paste.
5. If it does need date paste (it depends on your tastes, there's no right or wrong.), mix it in now.
6. Pour the filling evenly into the pie.
7. Grind up the walnuts and dates for the topping in the food processor, letting it get to the crumbly texture of the crust.
8. Sprinkle the walnut crumbs on top of the pie, evenly enough to cover the filling.
Like apple pie, but Spanish!
Eat it at midnight in a romantic candlelit dinner. Hahahaha. Joking about the Spanish eating style.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2021 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!