2 cups sunflower seeds (washed, soaked)
1 cup pine nuts
2 lemons (juiced)
1/3 cup olive oil
1 bunch spring onions (aka green onions)
1/2 tablespoon sea salt
1. Pre-Prep: Wash/rinse the sunflower seeds very well and then soak in water for at least 4 hours (6 is better). Rinse and shake the seeds dry in your strainer or allow to air dry for a while.
2. In your food processor, process the dry-ish ingredients (sunflower seeds, salt, and pine nuts) into a fine meal.
3. Add the lemon juice and olive oil. Process again until smooth. Scrape off sides as needed. Get it so it is rolling as it moves around your processor.
4. Process until smooth yet very thick. Don't be scared to let it go for ages because the longer it goes the creamier it is. Then at the end, add the green onion and process slightly to break them into the cheese.
5. Allow to stand for 30 minutes. (If you taste it while it is being made or right after, expect the lemon to stand out. It dies down after it has sat for a while.)
6. Optionally, you can shape into cubes or balls and dehydrate for a while to get a firmer cheese for cheese salad, feta, etc.
The easiest, creamiest, and tastiest cheese ever! This just takes a few minutes to make and is our second best seller.
For a nut-free option, use 3 cups of sunflower seeds and no pine nuts.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2020 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!