Rating4/5 (from 4 ratings)4
2 tablespoons raw cocoa powder (I eyeballed it, could have been more)
½ cup agave (or to taste)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 vanilla bean
Water (to help blend, as needed)
5 fresh figs
1 cup walnuts (finely chopped)
1 cup almonds (finely chopped)
Dash of salt
1. Blend first 6 items until it's whipped and fluffy like pudding. Taste and adjust seasonings. Remove pudding from blender.
2. Mix your chopped nuts with the salt and figs (I had fresh ones but I guess dried soaked ones would do or dates) and blend.
3. Make a nice batter scraping the sides so the left over chocolate pudding is incorporated into the crust mix.
4. Press this into a pie plate and fill with pudding.
5. Place in freezer for an hour or so.
Omshanti's ThoughtsBy omshanti
Looked at the chocolate pie recipes in my cookbooks and simply didn't have all the ingredients.
This worked out great garnished with strawberries.
Non raw dinner guests went nuts for it!
Mine was a bit soft in the middle but held together well and didn't last long enough on the plates to melt!
I garnished with strawberries and it was fab!
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note