Raw salad for lunch
Shelf LifeEat immediately
Rating4.5/5 (from 2 ratings)4.5
- 1. Chop your carrots and tomato into small, bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- 2. Cut the avocado in half. Carefully remove avocado pit. Scoop avocado meat out with a spoon. Chop avocado meat into small chunks. Add avocado to bowl.
- 3. Softly stir up all ingredients using a spoon. The avocado (and tomato seeds/juice) will coat everything and create their own dressing.
- 4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and eat immediately.
The Rawtarian's ThoughtsBy The Rawtarian
This incredibly simple recipe is a perfect option for your on-the-go lifestyle. With only 3 ingredients, the avocado acts as its own dressing and this can be whipped up in a flash, even at work! This recipe does not keep well, so it should be made a few minutes before eating.
If have have access to a lunchroom at work, simply bring these easy-to-pack ingredients with you, and make this recipe there. Just chop, stir and enjoy. It’s so simple, and it will make you feel amazing.
Lunch Grocery List:
2 large carrots
1 medium tomato
1 avocado (nicely soft but not over-ripe)
...and 2 oranges for dessert!
Since I am renowned for my simple, satisfying recipes I feel negligent for not having shared this with you earlier. But better late than never, right? This is my go-to meal to take with me to work for lunch when I am in a rush. I know it sounds like it's very boring and not really a "recipe," but this meal is a big part of my life so I feel like it's my duty to share it with you!
Warning: Do not make this raw salad in advance! It'll get all smooshy and yucky if you do that. Instead, just grab a large carrot, a nice tomato and a fresh, perfectly ripe avocado and take them with you to work. Then, in your lunchroom or work kitchen just grab a knife and prepare while you're there. It's super fast to make and surprisingly tasty! Seriously.
Obviously, this is a perfectly fine meal to eat at home too, but I never really eat it at home because when I'm at home I'll make something a bit more exciting, like one of these recipes. :)
I know this sounds boring but trust me. It's a very nice flavor combo -- as long as your avocado is perfect and not overripe or under-ripe.
And there you have it, my secret raw lunch idea that I actually eat all the time, like, at least twice a week! (PS: I usually eat two oranges for dessert after lunch.)
- This recipe is very low in Calories, Carbohydrates, and Sodium.
- This recipe is low in Fat.
- This recipe is a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B6.
- This recipe is a noteworthy source of Protein, and Riboflavin.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
My Recipe Notes
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
FREE Raw Recipe Package
Subscribe to newsletter below. Get the 11 Best Raw Recipes (PDF E-Book Package) instantly.
The Rawtarian Recipes
- Raw Dessert Recipes
- Smoothie, Juice And Breakfast Recipes
- Raw Savory Recipes
- Raw-Nut-Free Recipes
- Raw Dehydrator Recipes