½ cup raw Brazil/Amazon nuts (unsoaked)
½ cup raw almonds (unsoaked)
½ cup raisins (unsoaked, unsweetened)
½ cup cranberries (dried)
2 tablespoons psyllium husk
1 tablespoon maca powder
1 tablespoon lucuma powder
1 tablespoon mesquite powder
2 teaspoons raw vanilla powder
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon raw agave nectar
4 tablespoons raw cashew-macadamia butter
1. Pour first 9 ingredients in a food processor with the S-Blade attached and mix.
2. While the food processor is running, add water and then agave nectar.
3. Leave the food processor running until mixture is smooth (won’t be wet) and starts to ball up. Stop the food processor before the mixture balls up completely to avoid the mixture becoming too fine of a texture. It should be smooth but with chunks of nuts, cranberries and raisins.
4. Remove mixture from food processor and press into a square or round glass or plastic dish.
5. Spread cashew-macadamia butter on top of the pressed mixture.
6. Freeze until firm, but not frozen (about 45-60 minutes), and then slice length-wise.
It is sweet, but not too sweet. The maca powder gives it a creamy flavor.
It is a chewy but crunchy firm mixture for bars that does not have to be dehydrated, which is an advantage for those who still do not have a dehydrator yet or do want something quick.
It took me about 15 minutes to have it ready.
My husband finds this to be a perfect food for him to have after working out intensively. First, he has a shake, and then one or two bars.
It keeps refrigerated up to 3 days or frozen for about a month.
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
© 2009-2020 The Rawtarian.
This information is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice.
I encourage you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with like-minded, qualified health care professional(s). I wish you success on your raw journey!