YieldFills 2-3 mason jars full of crackers! Or one 5-tray Excalibur!
3 cups sprouted buckwheat groats (soaked 6-8 hours, sprouted 24 hours)
1 cup soaked whole flax-seeds (soaked 30-60 minutes)
2/3 cup olive oil
4 tablespoons brewer's yeast
2 cloves garlic (minced)
8 tablespoons fresh herbs (oregano, basil, and rosemary)
2 pinches of sea salt
1. Combine all ingredients except fresh herbs and salt.
2. Homogenize half the batter in a food processor until smooth.
3. Combine processed batter with unprocessed batter in large mixing bowl. Add fresh chopped herbs and salt and mix well.
4. Form batter into desired cracker shapes with wet hands to prevent sticking, around 1/4 – 1/3” thick (thinner crackers dry much faster). I make rounds and flat-breads.
5. Place onto lightly oiled Teflex sheets. Dehydrate at 145 Fahrenheit for 2 hours. Turn temperature down to 115 Fahrenheit and dehydrate until completely dry (about overnight).
6. Flip crackers in the morning and dehydrate another couple of hours.
7. Just make sure to dehydrate them thoroughly, these taste better the drier they are.
Leaving half the buckwheat unblended yields crackers that can be thick and substantial, but still light and crispy.
Granola's ThoughtsBy granola
After a visit to a raw restaurant last week, I made it my mission to copy the wonderful texture of their crackers.
Truly the best raw cracker I have ever made, and relatively simple to make!
Herb choices can be improved upon, I think, but had to get the method out there because these are so yummy!
Open to suggestions of adding a flavor zing, because with one these crackers can stand alone.
Print This Recipe (PDF)
Click the button below to download the printable PDF.
You do not have any notes. Add some here. Notes are private and are only visible to you.Add New Note
FRUITARIAN!!!!loverlyjoy - 23 hours 5 min ago
Sick when eating cooked foodloverlyjoy - 23 hours 17 min ago
Winter! Raw till four???? Advice!!! Weight gain?Harmony1 - 4 days 9 hours ago
Is bagged salads raw vegan?Harmony1 - 4 days 9 hours ago
Tryin AgainTammiTrue - 1 week 3 days ago